Monday, November 7, 2011

The 8 and 80 Rule

Now when I waited tables, people would just love to have someone at their table sung happy birthday to them.  Would they want to be sang to?  Probably not, but something about embarrassing those around you appeals to people.  And really its not cute.  To sing to a 32 year person...not cute--to the person or the server that has to sing to them.  However, there are some exceptions, the 8 and 80 rule--if the person is under 8 or over 80 its cute, usually super-cute.  A little girl with pigtails all excited, a little boy in a Cars shirt--too cute.  A little old lady having a margarita on her 83 birthday--too cute!  So that's the 8 and 80 rule...it also applies to other things...like boys in overalls.

If a little boy (under 8) in overalls asks me for something...I have NO resistance.  They are just too stickin cute.  I'd probably had over my lung if a little tike looked up at me, with their hands in their pockets big eyes asking me to.  Same things goes for little old men in overalls--totally a sucker.  Sale barn, stockyards, little old man says "darling you look like my granddaughter--any chance you'd get me a coffee?"  Yep, you name it.  LOL.  I guess the first step is admitting the problem, right?  Hmmm...

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly what you mean. I think Vince has already figured this one out!

    ReplyDelete