Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Untitled

My post for http://ruralwomenrock.blogspot.com/

So I'm sitting trying to enjoy a lovely evening of watching Sex and the City reruns, enjoying a little adult beverage, listening to my husband and his friend grind up goose meat for jerky, and the TV starts blinking in and out because of the lovely Kansas weather and wind.  And I'm thinking...this is my life.

When I first met my husband I really didn't even know where Whitewater was.  Pretty sure I'd heard of it, but didn't know exactly where it was.  Fast forward a few months, and I'm living outside of a town I couldn't even place.  But here's the thing, I love it!  I've always loved the country and seeing the seasons change and really see the full circle of life.  I get to witness that now.  Will I ever quit watching Sex and the City?  Probably not.  Will you ever see me in cowboy boots?  Probably not  :-)   The cows just love my striped rainbow boots anyways.  But that's who I am--I'm Barnyard Barbie...just a girl living in the country...with a good sense of humor...and a lot of fashion sense  ;-)


You talkin to me? You talkin to me?  Yeah I'm lookin at my momma--she has some cute boots on...that's right.  Her toes look good too, I've seen them...my toes are well, Miss Piggy has better. 

It helps in my adventures that I can laugh at myself  :-)  I've been known to have a couple of greenhand country girl moments--oh well--it gives my life an interesting pattern  :-)  Join in my adventures!

1 comment:

  1. Great post for Rural Women Rock! My family recently moved from Indiana to Kansas...what a transition!! I'm still trying to get used to the wind.

    ReplyDelete