Friday, November 18, 2011

Homemade Lean Pockets

So I figured I could make Lean Pockets from semi-scratch, so I gave it a whirl...and they turned out tasty!!!

You need:
1 lb ground and browned beef or sausage
2 packages of crescent rolls
1 jar of spaghetti sauce
any leftover soup/vegetables/onions/etc that you like

So I browned the sausage, then we had some leftover vegetables that I knew J wasn't going to eat by themselves, so I pureed them, threw them in with the sausage to brown.  Then threw in the spaghetti sauce.  Then I took the crescent rolls and left 2 triangles together and put the filling in it, rolled it over so the seam was at the bottom, pinched the ends, and that was it.  So easy.  Put them on parchment paper, put in the oven at 400 for about 20 minutes, dusted with shredded cheese, and yummo!  So good!  And got like 3-4 servings of vegetables...on the sly of course  ;-)

1 comment: