Monday, November 28, 2011

Do I look Different?

So this past week driving up to God's country (that's a Kansas expression for anywhere that's not close to anything), J and I see a herd of Angus (black cattle) with one lonely Holstein (black and white) cow in it.  I said, do you think she realizes she's different?  Then I said, nope--its never seen itself.  I would venture to say that humans are the only creatures with access to mirrors so we can see our differences.  I bet that Holstein cow thinks she's a black beauty because that's all she sees in her fellow compandres---she doesn't see her differences.  And I bet the other cows wonder if they personally are a black beauty or a black and white beauty?  Hmmm.

If I wrote children's books, I would somehow turn this into how we see each other....let this idea stew in my mind for while  :-)

1 comment:

  1. Wow! What an interesting topic with all kinds of interesting implications. What if none of us could see ourselves in a mirror? Would we lose some of our concern for our looks? Would we become less self-conscious? Would we be less aware of the differences in others? Sounds like this would be one of those kids books that's good for adults, too.

    P.S. I want a signed copy.

    ReplyDelete