Monday, October 22, 2012

I could see the hangmans noose....

So yesterday I busted my butt running around, getting chores done, cleaned house, etc, etc, with the goal in sight of fat pants and the couch in the evening.  Hmph.  Hubby gets home and went to disc some ground so he could burn the wheat stubble off.  Fine, fine.  Comes back and says "ready to go?"  Huh?  But my fat pants...and my drink...and the couch!  The vision was evaporating into a thin mist.  And into the thin mist came this vision of a hangman's noose I could see from the jailhouse window.  I knew the inevitable--this was not going to be a pleasant evening.  Why?  Because I have never done it (helped burn off a field) and J has about a million times and works in a fashion that...well goes about like this:

J: We're just going to drive back and forth
BB: OK
J:  I'll ride on the tailgate and you just drive--but slow
BB: roger

J:  YOU'RE DRIVING TO FAST!! SLOOOWWW DOWN!!
BB:  I'm in first!  What do you want?!??
J:  I SAID SLOW--PUT IT IN LOW!!!!
BB:  Is there 1L!?!?!
J: NO DON'T STOP!  KEEP GOING!  NOT THAT FAST!
BB: (thinking) is there a 1/2 gear I don't know about?
J:  TURN BACK AROUND--NO, NO THE OTHER WAY!
BB: Which way?  I've never driven in this field!
J:  GO BACK! FURTHER OUT!  NOT THAT FAR!  SLOW DOWN!
BB:  (thinking) I need another drink...sigh

Now, I know that J doesn't mean to yell, and I know he's not yelling about me.  But I'm the only one who can hear him so it lands on me.  And I knew it was coming--I've never burned a field off or knew where we were going in the field--so yes the hangman's noose was visible through the bars of the jail window.  Next time it will be better  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment