Sunday, January 8, 2012

Sir Hugh

So last spring, I was able to go with J to the Oleen Brothers sale.  It was quite interesting being in the arena and hearing the helpers yell out yep, yeah, etc etc.  I didn't even know who was bidding, it was just the slightest nod of the head from the bidder, that the helpers saw and continued on.  I don't know how people can just tip their head and that's $6,000, $4,000, etc.  Kind of anti-climatic, if there's big money, a big show should go with it, oh well.  J was bidding on this Son of Son of Prize Angus Something or other, and won, and what's the best place to bring a new bull?  Our place--LOL.  He's kind of weird too, jumpy, like he really doesn't know what to make of me (maybe the Oleen Brothers don't strut around in pink boots like I do), so anyways, I named him Hugh...he's the Dolly Parton of Angus bulls.  Then he went away for the summer to romance some ladies...and now he's back...and he still doesn't know what to make of my pink boots  :-)



Here are the rest of the steers, they had to check out the boots too...or maybe they just thought I had some grain!



2 comments:

  1. Maybe they want a pair of pink boots, too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! yep, Kim, I bet he wants pink boots too.

    I've thought some of the same stuff about livestock auctions, and despite the confusion (maybe because of it) I thoroughly enjoy them.

    Congratulations on your muscular acquisitions!!

    ReplyDelete