Monday, January 16, 2012

More recipes

So here are a couple of EASY recipes that I came up with and thought I'd share:

No name casserole
you need:
1 lb of hamburger (uncooked)
3/4 - a full bag of noodles (I used whole wheat)
1 jar of pasta sauce
choice of seasonings
I also crushed some black olives and threw in some onions but I'm sure it would be fine without it.  Oh I also threw in some red wine--lol!

Take a 9x13 casserole dish, put in the hamburger, noodles, pasta sauce, and the extras.  Cover with foil and cook at 350 for 30-40 minutes.  And that's it.  The hamburger cooks, the noodles cook, everything tastes great.  And probably took less than 5 minutes to prepare.

Stuffed Sweet potatoes

You need:
1 sweet potato for each person
browned sausage
packaged stuffing butter

Cook the sweet potatoes in foil, and when they're not quite done, pull out and scoop out the centers, so it kind of looks like a canoe.  Put some sausage in there, top with stuffing and a pat or 2 of butter, wrap back up with foil and throw back in the oven.  And let me tell you, the flavors are divine!  The stuffing cooks because of the butter, and the sausage and sweet potatoes go fabulous together.  I'm trying this tonight just in a casserole dish and also adding cranberries and pecans---doesn't that sound good? 

Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. Oh goodness... that stuffed sweet potato sounds amazing! Thank you, might be trying this soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds delicious. You are very creative.

    ReplyDelete