Saturday, October 15, 2011

A Fall Saturday

So I come home from running to town (did I really just say that?  running to town?  I never said that before moving to BFE, anyways), and what do my wandering eyes should appear?  DENNIS!  And apparently he's like the bad kid in school who attracts friends to get in trouble with, because now there are 2 calves that like to get out!  Ugh!


Do you think she saw us?  Quick run the other way!  No the other other way!
Needless to say these two are out of place on our island...and not my kind of yard art.  I can only imagine people driving by, like, those are some big dogs...wait, those aren't dogs--they have cows in their yard! 

Then I had to make something for this shindig we're going to tonight, and was a kind of fallish item.  So I remembered this recipe using 1 box cake mix, 1 egg, and 1/2 cup of shortening--sounds great--except--I was out of shortening.  So improvise away.  Here's what I did:

Took a carrot cake mix, a container of chunky applesauce, 1/4 cup of oil, and 1 egg, some Jim Beam Stag, mixed it up and put it on cookie sheets like woopie pies.


Then I took cream cheese icing mixed in a little more Jim Beam Stag, put them together, and these things are good!  Sometimes I even impress myself.  Its like an adult-fall-woopie pie!  yum!


Don't those look tasty?  And so easy!! 

3 comments:

  1. Here you go again. Adding alcohol to your food...
    People will have to watch how much they eat of anything you bring...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your calf stories are hysterical. I can picture them waiting and watching for you and then laughing, "hee-hee."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, save a whoopee pie for us!

    ReplyDelete