Monday, October 3, 2011

Crazy Weekend

So this picture may not look like much, but its a combine--left in the field...so J could go to KC with me and see my Pitt State Gorillas beat Northwest State MO.  So it might not look like a whole lot, but it means a lot  :-)





The game was AMAZING!!! And its always good to go to KC and visit my old stomping grounds...went to dinner at Jaspers--yum!  If you are in KC and want some excellent food, I highly recommend it!  And they had this Apple Martini made from apple cider from Louisburg Cider Mill and it was DIVINE!!!  Yum--cinnamon, nutmeg, vodka, apples, how can you go wrong?  LOL.  Then of course, coffee at my fav coffee place Dunn Bros  :-)  We couldn't leave KC without some shopping, so my girlfriends and I went shopping and left J at Cabela's--I think that's fair  :-)  Going to the game was amazing, seeing them win was awesome--good trip all around!

Then it was time for the dreaded Walmart trip yesterday...schwoo!  I had been putting it off, and wow--the cart was loaded...but once again, I hit the max number of coupons, requiring a CSM approval.  I really want to know what the magic "number" is, I've hit it before and am really curious...but I saved over $60 just in coupons--BAM!

When I got home, I was still feeling adventurous, so I tried this Stromboli-thing (I really don't know what to call it--but it was good)

Take:
Diced ham
Diced onions
Diced apples
marinate for an hour or so with a mixture of : an ounce of jim beam, spoon of brown sugar, butter and water
Then take a refrigerated pizza crust spread it thin, put sun-dried tomatoes on it, then the ham/onion/apples mixture, top off with shredded white sharp cheese, roll up and put in the oven.

I don't know what the name of this concoction would be, but the flavors just kind of melt together like a grown-up lean pocket--yum!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great trip all around and the stromboli sounds delicious. Coupon approval? I wonder what the heck that is. I've saved tons on coupons and never been called on it. Coupons are great.

    ReplyDelete