Monday, October 24, 2011

Cleaning in the Country

So I like a house clean, kitchens are a must, clutter is a no-go, bathrooms I can't stand to do--but I do.  But mainly it was so much easier to clean an apartment than a house.  Is the house that much larger in square feet?  Hmm don't think so.  Its living in the country.  Like I don't even know where the mess comes from.  I can sweep (we have hardwood floors), go into the other room, come back and there's stuff on the floor.  How does that happen?  Do little hay bunnies come out when they see the floor is clear?  And spider webs, I can get all the corners, window sills, etc.  And a week later they are all back--HOW DOES THAT WORK?  Are spiders that industrious?  And it never fails I always see the big ceiling corner hangers when company is over.  Like oh yeah don't mind my little friend in the corner dusty spidey, he's harmless! LOL.  I just don't get it.  If someone has the solution, please let me know, I'm all ears--and dust rags.

PS:  I'm going to be featured on http://ruralwomenrock.blogspot.com/ next week.  If you have a favorite blogpost, let me know  :-)

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see you being featured on ruralwomenrock. I'll be saying, "That's my daugher!"

    As for the cleaning...I'm convinced it has to do with hard surface flooring. Carpet tends to catch the dustbunnies and they don't go bouncing from room to room with air movement. It's not that they weren't there before, but the surface of the floor doesn't allow much movement or reflection (most carpet is lighter in color so the dustbunnies blend in). I've seen this phenomenon in the last four houses we lived in. I would vacuum and mop the entire house and by the time I finished the house had dustbunnies again. I couldn't chase them down quick enough. It was amazing and frustrating at the same time. Living in the country does create more dust (hence the dustbunnies) because there is dust in your driveway, etc. The important thing is that you are a good housekeeper and no one but you notices it.

    As for the spiders--perhaps you could name them "Charlotte"?

    ReplyDelete