Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Unplugged

So this weekend, one of my cousins asked if he could bring his kiddos out to the farm.  Sure, why not  :-)  They/we had a blast!  Running around looking at the horse, petting the kittens, climbing all over the combine/tractor/semi/etc farm equipment, playing on the swings, etc, etc.  It was so great to see them run and play (isn't that what kids are supposed to do?).  Of course they did come inside and look for a game console...hmm J and I don't have one.  Do we need one?  Don't we have all the entertainment kids need outside?  Playing over hay bales, creating games of their own?  I remember my siblings and I on the farm would make up all kinds of games in the barn/corrals.  Then one of J's Laotians (people of Laos) friends

Sidebar: one of the things I love about J is that he has friends of every different nationality/creed/religion etc.   Laotian, Mexican, African-American, believers, non-believers, I just love it!

friends came over, and brought his kids, and then there were even more shenanigans with more kids.  To stand back and watch it really was awesome just to see kids being kids.  Yes, there were some war wounds (kitten scratches, horse nips, dirty jeans, etc), but no one remembered that part the next day  ;-)

1 comment:

  1. I remember the days of you and your siblings playing on the farm, too. We didn't have TV except for watching VHS tapes for years and I don't think any of you missed it. We fed Molly over the fence and watch Midnight play with mice. Remember the tire swing? Remember all the dogs? It was fun watching you play--many treasured memories.

    ReplyDelete