Thursday, September 8, 2011

Plans Change

So I want to dedicate this blog to all of my farm wife friends, they are an amazing group of women, and have truly taken my green hand year in stride with all my crazy stories and foibles.

One common thread throughout their stories is that none of them (including me) dreamed they would end up on a farm and married to a farmer.  However, the Big Man has other plans and sends these dashing, dirty, steadfast, wonderful men into our lives that lead us down another path.  I don't think any of my friends dreamed as a little girl, I want to live out in the middle of no-where, pull calves while my husband is at his "real" job, fix broken equipment, do laundry in mud boots between cow feedings, fix fence, haul hay, and a myriad of other fantastic activities.  If there is a girl out there that pines away on this farmer star to shine down on her and make all her unknown dreams come true, please tell me, I will break her out of her romantic notions of what country life is like. 

However, most are generally happy, why?  Because in all of them runs a thread of hardworking, getting the job done, and witnessing little miracles every day. 

1 comment:

  1. This reminds me of water in a cistern, feeding hay and alfalfa, chopping ice when it is below zero outside and having the water splash up and freeze on my face, canning in the summer and falling into cow soup.

    ReplyDelete